Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I AM Good Enough

God has done so much for me with in the past several weeks, months. He has delivered me from anxiety, brought me through depression and He has given me confidence that I have not had before. He has not stopped proving Himself to me.

The biggest lie that I have had to deal with is that, “I am not good enough.” This thought has permeated my entire being. I am not good enough at work, at being a daughter, friend, a Christian or anything else you can imagine. A couple of few weeks ago I was having a really hard time, thinking that I was not good enough to help pray for the revival efforts going on at my church.

I wanted to go pray during lunch one day and faced a battle within my mind. I knew I needed to pray for revival but I felt like I still had things wrong with me and that I couldn’t pray for other people who needed help when I still needed help. I knew that this was a lie of the enemy and that I was capable of praying for other people I just felt like I needed to pray for help myself. I felt selfish for wanting this and the devil used that against me. I went to the church anyway unsure of what I was actually going to do.

I got to the church still in turmoil of how I should try to pray and the Lord spoke to my heart and simply said, “I am your councilor.” All my thought stopped and that realization sunk in. My only response was, “Oh, OK Lord.” He led me into the sanctuary, and down to the front pew where I sat down. He then began to talk me through all these thoughts that I have been having and dealing with them like a counselor would. I had to go back out to my car for my journal to write down all that He was giving me. I wanted to share a bit.

~Why do I not think I am good enough?
~Did God tell me that?
Answer: No
~Who did?
Answer: the enemy, the devil, the father of lies.
~Why are you afraid to fail?
Everyone fails; there is only one who is perfect.
Remember what was said the other night in a testimony,
“It’s possible that it could be safer to err on the side of being in the flesh rather than miss the Spirit of God telling you to do something.”

God cares for individuals as well as a move of His spirit. Why else would He be dealing with the church to remove individual obstacles from each life. His spirit is moving because His people are responding to Him at the same time, in one accord, to become closer to Him and be within His will.

He cares for me and does not want me to feel this way!

He loves me! INDIVIDUALLY!

Help me Lord to be able to accept deliverance from this battle by your hand.

This may not seem like much to anyone else but when I left the church that day, I was a different person.

No comments:

Post a Comment